• Thailand Steinway Youth Piano Competition is only opened to all Thai Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 17 and below.
• Winners from past Steinway Youth Piano Competitions are not eligible to participate. However, past contestants and finalists are eligible to participate.
• Applicants are asked to adhere strictly to the time limits. To ensure fairness and impartially, an official audition committee member will serve as a “timer” and will stop a participant should he/she exceeds the time limits.
• The Competition Organizing Committee reserves the right to record or video the performance of contestants and winners and to organize all performances related to the competition. No performance fees or royalties will be paid to the contestants.
• The non-refundable fee will have to be paid on application prior to the deadline.
• Qualifying competitors must perform live in order to participate in the competition.
• All participants must provide 3 copies of the scores of their repertoire.
• The winner must be able to travel to Regional Final in Singapore in August and potentially to Hamburg in September.
• In the regional final, participants must present three (3) contrasting repertoires totaling a maximum playing time of 20 minutes. Repertoire: 1 must be the first movement of a Sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Clement or Schubert. All pertinent program details (Composer, Work, Key, Op., No., Hob., K. designations) for each movement of the work intended for performance must be listed. No concerti or transcriptions are allowed.
• There will be no joint winners and only one winner will be selected to take part in the regional final round.
• The winner who will be representative of Thailand will be selected from Division 2 or 3 ONLY.
• The competition holds the right to consider the first 60 applicants.
• Steinway & Sons reserves the right to amend and determine the Terms and Conditions of this regulations.
• The organizer reserves all rights to change any rules & regulations without prior notice.
• Performers must wear appropriate attire.
• Dress Code: Performing attire.
• All application forms can be downloaded from our website at www.thailand-steinwaycompetition.com
• All decisions of the Jury are final.
Division 1: age 11 & below Sonatina
Division 2: age 14 & below
Division 3: age 15 to 17
• Online application at Thailand Steinway Competition website - www.thailand-steinwaycompetition.com under ‘apply’ tab
• Complete application form with accurate and complete details.
• Upload photo to the application form
• Create a copy of your passport or birth certificate and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attain a letter of recommendation from your current / most recent piano teacher
*Application Fee is payable upon application and is non-refundable.